In the foreground, awesome Pu'u Kanehoalani; in the distance, Oahu's legendary landmark "Chinaman's Hat."Book a Tour toll free: (800) 745 2583
What is Ecotourism?
Ecotourism is nature- and culture- based tourism that is ecologically sustainable and supports the well-being of local communities.
- appeals to visitors who want contact with nature, local communities and indigenous cultures;
- targets travelers with special interests who are looking for unique and authentic experiences;
- takes into account the impacts of the visitor industry upon the environmental, social, cultural and economic fabrics of the local community;
- strives to conduct its activities in harmony with nature.
Goals of the Hawaii Ecotourism Association:
- Promote communication and education about ecotourism issues.
- Provide an information and resource network for visitors residents, tour operators, resource managers, planners, educators, government agencies and other professionals.
- Promote a visitor industry that is environmentally and culturally sensitive.
- Promote community-based, sustainable economic development that benefits local residents.
- Enhance visitors' experiences through effective interpretation.
- Promote resource conservation.
- Encourage repeat visitations, longer stays and multi-island itineraries.
- Provide continuing education and professional development opportunities.
Live Guest Reviews
|02/25/2018 Today||Barbara N|
|02/25/2018 Today||SAM L|
|02/25/2018 Today||John B|
|Brisbane, Australia||Hilo (Big Island)|
|02/25/2018 Today||Debbie B|
|Cape Town, South Africa||Waikoloa (Big Island)|
|02/24/2018 Yesterday||Kaelyn 0|
|02/24/2018 Yesterday||Danyelle O|
|02/24/2018 Yesterday||Hernan C|