A state-of-the-art Blue Hawaiian Eco-Star tours the jaw-dropping sights of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.Book a Tour toll free: 1(800) 745 2583
World's Finest Helicopters
Know your aircraft before you book any tour
The helicopter you fly in has a huge impact on the quality of your air-tour experience. Compare Blue Hawaiian's state-of-the-art Eco-Stars and A-Stars with some other tour helicopters used in Hawaii. Check out these 360º rotatable views of the various helicopter interiors and exteriors.
Blue Hawaiian's fleet
Featuring state-of-the-art, Eco-Star Helicopters. Our aircraft incorporate all the latest in cutting-edge technologies, materials, systems and avionics, and offer incomparable passenger comfort and fantastic sweeping views.
The introduction of the incredible new Eco-Star is the dawn of a new era in helicopter touring. Since the late 1980s, the Airbus A-Star has been the tour helicopter of choice for professional tour operations worldwide. In Hawaii it is the industry standard—favored by all the top helicopter tour companies for its open cabin design that affords a 180º sweeping view for each passenger. This feature has been further enhanced in the revolutionary new Airbus Eco-Star—the first touring helicopter of the 21st Century.
- Eco-Star’s 23% increase in cabin space over the A-Star affords significantly greater personal space for guests, along with improved visibility with over 65 square feet of glass for 180 degree unobstructed views.
- Eco-Star features superior comfort; individual seats for every passenger afford the kind of shoulder room and personal space found in airline "First Class" seating.
- Eco-Star features raised rear seating and wrap-around glass cockpit, for significantly improved visibility from every seat.
- Eco-Star: First helicopter specifically designed for touring, utilizing the latest aircraft and avionics technologies.
- Eco-Star: high-tech, enclosed "Fenestron," or "Fan in Fin," replaces A-Star’s conventional tail rotor. Fenestron is: Safer, Quieter and More efficient—using 25% less engine horsepower, which can now be utilized by the main rotorsystem.
- Eco-Star’s state-of-the-art fuel control automatically optimizes main rotor speed for quietest operations and instant power response. Achieved with a "Full Authority Digital Electronic Control" (FADEC), utilizing dual electronic channels with one electrical backup channel and a third hydro-mechanical backup control.
- Eco-Star’s engine uses latest "Grown Crystal" technology for turbine blades—increasing power, heat tolerance and fuel efficiency. This, along with the FADEC, is the same technology used in state-of-the-art airline engines such those on the leading-edge Boeing 777.
- Eco-Star features dual hydraulic systems.
- Eco-Star cost is over $2 million - approximately 30% more than a new A-Star.
See for yourself why a Blue Hawaiian helicopter tour is a must-do on your Hawaii vacation. Videos and photos are available at each of our island overview pages:
Live Guest Reviews
|01/18/2017 Yesterday||Glenn T|
|01/18/2017 Yesterday||Branda S|
|01/18/2017 Yesterday||Sumit B|
|King Of Prussia, PA||Hilo (Big Island)|
|01/18/2017 Yesterday||Alli L|
|Parker, CO||Hilo (Big Island)|
|01/18/2017 Yesterday||Carol R|
|Red Deer, Canada||Kauai|
|01/18/2017 Yesterday||Jeff M|
|Old Bethpage, NY||Hilo (Big Island)|
|01/18/2017 Yesterday||Derek M|
|01/18/2017 Yesterday||Jeff C|
|01/18/2017 Yesterday||Kyle M|
|Cape Town, South Africa||Kauai|
|01/18/2017 Yesterday||Carolyn C|
|01/18/2017 Yesterday||Al T|
|Minot, ND||Hilo (Big Island)|
|01/18/2017 Yesterday||Mike G|
|Kapolei, HI||Hilo (Big Island)|